July 13, 2024

Australia’s Wide Range of Visa Options

Australia is a beautiful country, often dreamt of as a desired destination for many people. Visiting and living in Australia is an experience like no other. With stunning beaches, vast deserts, and natural wonders like the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru, it is no surprise that people from all over the world want to come here. But what visa do you apply for to enter Australia? This info describes Australia’s wide range of visa options for both short-term and long-term stays.

Tourist Visa

The tourist visa is a great option if you’re visiting Australia for tourism, holidays, family visits, or other short-term stays. This visa is also called the subclass 600 visa, which allows the visitor to stay in Australia for up to 12 months. The visa can be for a single or multiple entries. The processing time for the tourist visa usually takes around four weeks.

Working Holiday Visa

 Are you between the ages of 18 and 30 looking to live and work in Australia for up to two years? The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) allows you to work and travel in Australia. The visa permits travellers to work in Australia, but only for a maximum of six months with an employer. Keep in mind that you can only work for an employer for six months and only in Australia’s regional areas. The visa also comes with some restrictions too, including, but not limited to, the amount of work you can do with the same employer and the amount you are paid.

Partner Visa

If you are in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible for a Partner Visa in Australia. This visa allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely and work here too. However, you will first need to provide proof of your relationship with your Australian partner. If you can prove that you have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months, or married, you will also need to provide certain documents for your application.

Student Visa

Australia has more than 22,000 learning institutions that offer courses for international students. The Student Visa (subclass 500) allows international students to study in Australia. Visas run in line with the length of your study program, with students who prefer to study longer courses applying for longer visas. The visa also allows students to work while studying to support themselves financially.

Business Visa

If you’re an investor or business person looking to establish or manage a business in Australia, the Business Visa (subclass 188) may be a right choice for you. This visa has a series of streams within it, including the business innovation stream, the investor stream, and the entrepreneur stream. To apply for this type of visa, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be sponsored by a state or territory government agency.

Australia has an incredibly diverse range of Visa options for people wishing to visit, work, study, or establish a business in the country. Whether you want to come to Australia on a short-term or long-term basis, there is a Visa option suitable for your needs. If you are unsure what Visa is appropriate for your circumstance, or if you have any questions, it is always a good idea to seek professional advice. With the right Visa, you could be on your way to experiencing all that this beautiful country has to offer.