Is it illegal to shoot off a blank round from a gun to intimidate someone?
Yes the least you would be charged with is "Brandishing" and if you couldnt come up with a suitable argument to justify your action. you would probably be found guilty.
Yes it is , very illegal especially if the gun is not legal besides you could accidently hurt someone like that.
YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT---IT IS ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON...
Yes, unless maybe you were trying to scare off an attacker.
By the way, blanks CAN kill.
yes. and stupid
You've never been shot with a blank before, have you?
Most cities & towns have ordinances about firing weapons within the city/town limits...in addition to which, it's just plain foolhardy to fire blanks--with no knowledge as to whether the other party has a weapon with live rounds. Any brandishing of firearms has the potential for escalation into a tragedy. Get a big mean dog, an alarm system, yard lights...anything but a gun UNLESS you're prepared for the consequences.
A wise ex-military who I knew as our beat cop in the old neighborhood gave me some good advice some years ago. He said never threaten with a gun unless you're totally prepared to fire it at another human being and are willing to take the consequences afterwards. Most of us are neither prepared nor willing in that regard.
Yes. - It constitutes a threat of bodily harm.
It is also foolish in that the shooter is responsible for any reasonable reaction to the perceived threat, which can include injuries incurred in an attempt to escape or deadly retaliation by the victim.
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- Trademark infringement & domain name question.?
- What are the minimum requirements for a street legal car?
- Diamond studs left at an exboyfriends house got stolen. Should he replace them?
- Is it illegal to omit partners' names on advertising documents?
- What are my rights?
- I want to legally change my name?
- Do you think there should be a vote of no confidence for this country?
- How many buildings fell on September 11th?
- What is meaning of copyright or all rights Reserved for Articles/poems etc? How to get my writeups copyrighted