If a person was to burn a Koran, would this be free speech or a hate crime?
Should be covered under the same laws that allowed an "artist" tp lace a crucifix in a jar of urine, and call it art, under the guise of free speech..
Your question should be "If you burn a Quran and an angry mob of Muslims kill you, Would that be a hate crime?"
But that wouldn't happen. It isn't like your painting pictures of Mohammad now is it.
It would be wrong of him to do that, in my opinion. But...
It's FREE SPEECH. "Hate crime laws" are an unconstitutional pile of garbage that favor only blacks, gays and Muslims.
Um, that would be like someone burning the bible, or even the US flag. It's something that other people hold in reverence so yea, I would say hate crime... Besides, burning something doesn't exactly qualify as speech, you actually have to talk or write for it to be considered speech... pyro
They would put you away for life At gitmo the boys must wear gloves when handling the Koran You see THEY feel we are unclean!
Well with the liberal justice system we have here in America probably a hate crime, but if it were a muslim burning an American Flag or Bible then it would be free speech
The F*cked Up Country We Live In
In the first place ,I don't see any reason why must the Qur'an or any other holy book were to be burnt?! The book is not at fault for causing wars or creating trouble...It's the people who did that to themselves...Anyway,I guess it's a matter of perspective..Though I wouldn't suggest doing it. All religion are to be respected, you can't start blaming the religion for what some of its extremitist followers did... Then it will be a vicious cycle of needless,never-ending and irrational violence.
If the action was meant to incite hatred or intimidate someone (which it probably would be), it would be a hate crime. The Supreme Court ruled that cross-burning with the intent to intimidate someone is not protected by the first amendment, so I'm pretty sure a religious book would fall into the same category.
if people can burn the flag and the bible from which our country was founded and get away with it ..ill supply the lighter for ya
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- Can an 18 year old take legal custody of their siblings?
- Will biracial children and racially mixed couples have an impact on the blatant racism in this country?
- I don't know where these kids get their licenses...(see details)?
- Is your company responsible for the stupid mistakes your employees make?
- If you get your neighbor's mail in your mail box and you accidently open it, then realize it isn't yours, and
- Should this be kept on records?
- Can my employer force me to pay money for a course they consider mandatory?
- Is it possible to legally change your identity and not be found by anyone for the rest of your life?
- What is the most common form of EU environmental legislation and how is it transposed into irish law?