How can you get a dismissed charge ex-sponged off your record and how much would it cost?
Depends on your state. In CA, the process of expungement involves a petition to the court, plus a $60-120 fee. The court receives the petition, reviews it with or without the prosecution's objection, allows a plea to be withdrawn or sets aside a verdict/judgment, and the case is dismissed.
If the case has already been dismissed, you may be able to seal your record, but if you don't have any convictions, why bother?
county attroney and it is about 15.00
A dismissed charge wouldn't be on your record anyway.
And it's "expunged."
I believe this is usually done at the time the charges are dismissed and only under certain circumstances. I would recommend talking to a lawyer or your local district attorney, either should be able to give you the information you are looking for. You could also try the state web site for your state. A lot of these have the laws of the state on them, but plan on taking some time, they take a while to negotiate. If you look it up on a website it's expunged.
Expunging goes through your Lieutenant Governors office in your State and in my State the cost is around $250.00 because it can be done pro se (by yourself without a lawyer), or you can pay an attorney to do it for you at a much higher cost.
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- In Canada, what is the difference between a judge and a justice?
- Where can I find laws and regulations governing the manufaturing of caskets and coffins?
- What things do you do that are governed by a law. For instance if you ride in a car, note the laws which gover
- What are the laws regarding use of psychedelic plants for religious purposes in in the U.S.?
- If you don't have the money to pay your lawyer after the judge makes a court order does the lawyer have to??
- Question about a judgment and my bank account?
- If you were a judge how would you rule on this case? Mother of teenage children conviceted of having sex?
- 1st degree 2nd degree assault?
- Do Government Agencies Have Access to Expunged Records?