What does acd mean in a court case?
It stands for "adjournment in contemplation of dismissal."
The judge essentially puts the case on hold for a few months (time length depending on the state or the judge). If the defendant's behavior during that time is satisfactory, the charges are dismissed.
It means the case in on hold for up to six months.
To decide whether is should be dismissed.
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- If a 16 year old girl/boy bit a 12 year old kid could the 12 year old kid sue?
- What do you think can be done about the crime situation in America? Where would you begin to solve our problem
- Can a 16 year old dropout in michigan without parental or gaurdian consent?
- Should Pedophiles be bannished to an island. Like The Rock.?
- I have heard that the smoking ban is not in force in the House of Commons?
- Do you think there are too many law enforcement agencies?
- What is the Deal With Louisiana?
- What should I do now?
- When did local authorities begin ,asking poeple to sell there homes to fund healthcare homes?