Can a landlord legally put surveillance cameras outside a home?
Why not, if it's for security purposes?
Yes they can. They can't put them inside but outside is OK.
Yes, it sure is legal.
Is he doing this for your protection or to watch you? From my knowledge he has a right to do it as long as he contacts you in writing of exactly what he is doing. He owns the home so he as the right but ..... like I said he needs to give you notice of the camera.
You have no expectation of privacy in a public place. Anyone can watch you; anyone can videotape or photograph you.
Contact your attorney general office in the state, current that you live in for the current status of the law, however if it is to help protect you and for the well being of the property then it shouldn't be a issue. Good Luck
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- I made a complaint to the dentist, and he wants me to come in and visit so we can talk?
- If a War of Aggression is a War Crime, Why Is the United States not held accountable under International Law?
- Why is Attorney General Gonzales giving the senate a difficult time with his testimony in court?
- My wife abandoned me and now she is pregnant with another man's kid ?
- What's the work environment for a divorce and criminal lawyer?
- I sold a product over the net and sent it cash on delivery, the woman told me she didnt like it and was?
- Stupit answer?
- Are there any laws against trailers/mobile homes being parked in front of houses?
- Why do most Law abiding Citizens refuse to co-operate with the Police and give information?