What happens if you get caught under-aged smoking in the United States?
In some jurisdictions there is mandatory parental notification, and in some extreme cases a small fine and community service hours.
The real crime is selling cigarettes to a minor or purchasing cigarettes for a minor. In some states, multiple infractions can lead to jail time.
It depends on where you live and the laws there. They vary by state. You could receive a ticket, or even be turned over to your parents.
Dad will take you to the shed.
Smoking what, most law enforcement authorities don't have time to bother with those kind of issues unless you bring negative upon yourself. If you do that then you can expect a ticket.
They will probably offer you a deal where you get off scott free if you will testify against whoever gave or sold you the cigarettes.
You go to smoking jail.
It depends on the state. Here in Ohio, you get fined and cannot get your license until you turn 18. It's pretty harsh.
It depends on where you live and the laws there. They vary by state. You could receive a ticket, or even be turned over to your parents.Thats how it is here in Florida
I depends more on the cops than anything else. Usually, they just take the smokes. Sometimes they also issue a citation that requires the minor to pay a fine, if convicted. However, the citation is usually more work for the cops than it is worth.
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- Need court transcripts in CA that were never typed?
- After a land contract has been legally signed back to owner what ar my responsibilities concerning the land?
- If you a defective product from a store in California, are you able to get a full refund?
- What are the abortion laws in Arizona?
- In California, if you quit your job can you still get unemployment?
- Excessive bank charges.?
- Are butterfly knives illeagle in california?
- If a land lord takes me to court but drops the case do I still have to pay their legal fees?
- Help me on this?