How much time does someone face in jail with agravated assult with intent to harm, and battery with harm?
That all depends on the exact circumstances, whether he/she pleads, the laws of the state where it occurred, and if there were aggravating or mitigating factors.
Edit: The state has a duty to pursue a trial in felony cases, and aggravated assault is a 3rd degree felony in Florida, so the person could not simply drop the charges. However, the victim could not cooperate, which would make a conviction difficult.
The maximum penalty for a 3rd degree felony is 5 years in prison and not more than $5,000 in fines. It is unclear from your description if the person is being charged with battery as well, and if so, which level of battery. See the last site below for the various types of battery and their respective rankings.
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- How would you get power of attorney if a person had an illness?
- Can anyone explain the public information law for texas? Can a unit of governent give out personal informatio
- Sex offender laws and ex post facto?
- Discuss the rule of national justice?
- What is Obligation with penal clause? what are the kinds of it?
- Reservations in Private sector jobs in INDIA! whats ur opinion?
- Are you requiered to submit the proof of claim for a class action lawsuit?
- Is any of this legal? Being kicked out of a hotel! Need help asap!!?
- Can a Non-profit organization be sued for correct goods not received?